Dementia conference success
Implementing the National Dementia Strategy in London – a one-day conference organised by Housing 21 and the Department of Health – proved to be a great success.
The event on 13th October was attended by around 170 people with an interest in how the National Dementia Strategy is implemented across London. They heard speeches from:
- Professor Alistair Burns, National Clinical Director for Dementia with the Department of Health;
- Ian Winter, Deputy Director Social Care and Partnerships, London region and
- Pushpa Raguvaran, Chief Executive of Housing 21.
- Seraphim Patel of Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust
- Professor George Giarchi, Professor of Care Studies at Plymouth University.
The mixed audience included commissioners, physicians, nurses, social workers and care providers. Delegates had the opportunity to attend a variety of workshops and to network during the breaks. They were also the first to see Housing 21’s new DVD – A Voice For Care – which focuses on the work of Housing 21’s Dementia Voice Nurse, Morejoy Saineti.
Download copies of the presentations