Financial Statements show another year of continued improvement
Housing & Care 21’s Financial Statements for 2015/16 show it was another year of continued improvement and preparing for the future.
Chief Executive Bruce Moore said: “We have delivered financial results ahead of budget and are proud of the progress that we have made and our achievements, in what is a challenging time for housing and care providers.
“In May 2015, the Homes and Communities Agency (HCA), our principal regulator, assessed that the governance and viability of Housing & Care 21 was at the top level. This judgement was reconfirmed a year on.”
Achievements in 2015/16 include:
- An operating surplus of £26.6m (£11.7m net surplus)
- Successfully commissioning and bringing into operation the unprecedented number of 1,131 new Extra Care properties developed in the previous financial year
- Developing the role of the court and registered managers
- Carrying out a rigorous assessment programme to help prioritise and plan investment
- Working with residents to devolve choice and control around decisions making to them
- The rectification works for the Oldham PFI project were successfully completed in May 2016, well ahead of schedule
- Investors in People Silver Standard award
- Continued and developing partnerships with organisations including the Alzheimer’s Society, the Mental Health Foundation, The King’s Fund and the University of Birmingham
- Using the clarity and focus provided by the move to three business streams to continue to improve our services and performance